As a small business owner you’re probably doing a ton of things yourself in your business – some you need to do but some also that maybe you shouldn’t be doing, right? In talking with hundreds of entrepreneurs every month I find that the majority of them (you/us) never do enough follow up plain and simple. Why is that do you think? I know why because I talk with so many of you every month, it’s either because you:
1) Have no idea what to say, send or do for follow up
2) Have tried numerous things and nothing works (supposedly)
3) Do the same things over and over again but you’re not tracking what’s working and what isn’t or you’re not willing to tweak it or open up to new ideas, you just want to stay running on that hamster wheel because it’s easier
4) Are overwhelmed with so many possibilities of what you can do or are told you should be doing in your marketing and follow up and you’re frozen in your tracks Well, if you’re in any of those situations then you want to figure out a way to automate your marketing, your follow up and whatever else you can too. By automating and systematizing more in your business you can reach more prospects; in fact you could reach 10 times the amount of prospects every month with the same level of intimacy and personalization which could lead to 10 times the amount of sales!
It’s a numbers game; if you’re not making enough sales or have enough clients then you need to talk to more people and prospects right? So if you’re already doing as much as you can possibly right now then how in the world do you expect to double or triple your sales or more? It’s by automating and systematizing everything you possibly can and your follow up is one of the easiest things to start with and one of the most effective.
The following is the #1 Tip I suggest to be able to automate your follow up and so much more:
You Must, Must, Must Create Templates!
Now I don’t have room in this article to go into all the different template you could have in place or how else you can automate your marketing and follow up. What I can tell you is that you want to watch what you’re doing:
1) Are you sending pretty much the same emails out often after a networking event?
2) Are you writing similar messages to new connections and friends on social media?
3) Are you mailing the same thing to people once you meet them?
4) Do you follow up similarly with people after their initial consultation or service?
All of these can be set up in templates and sent by an businessshed.ca you know?
Now the tough part is though to know WHAT EXACTLY to say in each of these instances. After all, what you’re doing now isn’t necessarily working that well is it? So having some help to construct these initial templates is the key to being more confident and focused in your follow up and marketing in general.